I assume that the original version of this patch was made by Kyle Rose. I know he made a patch available, but it is no longer on his website. I tracked this one down using google.
The original patch was made for a previous version of MythMusic and didn't work with MythMusic 0.20a. So I looked at it and hacked it into 0.20a.
mythplugins-0.20a-patched/mythmusic/mythmusic/goom/mythgoom.cppand switch the comments between lines 43 and 44 (uncomment
goom_init(800, 600, 0);, and comment out the next line). I've found that occasionally MythMusic will stop reporting. This often happens if you interrupt MythMusic or if MythTV crashes and restarts. I don't know, maybe a network connection hangs. The only way i've found of fixing it is rebooting. Yeah, I know that sucks.
make distcleanon an existing one. in fact,
make distcleanin a new one too, just in case. From the PARENT DIRECTORY to the mythplugins source tree, apply the patch:
zcat mythplugin-0.20a-audioscrobbler.patch.gz | patch -p0You might get some errors toward the end when it tries to patch
config.pro.rej. That's cause I'm messy. Ignore that. Go into the mythplugins directory and say
./configure --enable-scrobbler. Verify that
Scrobbler AudioScrobbler support will be included in MythMusic
make, and do whatever you do to install.
mythfrontend. Go to
Utilities / Setup | Setup | Media Settings | Music Settings | Player Settings. The third screen should have your AudioScrobbler settings. Enter your username and password. Yeah, it's plaintext. That should be it! Start playing music and check your last.fm page to see if it's getting updated.
Q: HELP! It doesn't work! And it broke MythTV! And my computer exploded! And we're out of coffee!!!